Effective date: December 6, 2021
Certain information that MYMEDIFAM collects about Users may be considered to be protected health information (“PHI”) subject to the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
- Account information. We collect, and associate with your account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up create your account, upgrade to a paid plan, and set up two-factor authentication, including providing us with your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address. Some of our Services permit you to access your accounts and your information via other third-party service providers.
- Your Information. Our Services are designed to make it simple for you to access your files, documents, comments, messages, and other materials within our Software (collectively, “Your Information”), collaborate with others, and work across multiple devices. To make that possible, we may store information locally, process, and transmit Your Information as well as information related to it. This related information includes your profile information that makes it easier to collaborate with and share Your Information with others within our Services and Software, as well as adjust the size of the file and access the time it was uploaded and your usage activity.
- Contacts. You may choose to give us access to your contacts within our Services and Software to make it easy for you to do things like share Your Information, send messages, and invite others to use the Services. If you do, we store those contacts on our server systems for you to use.
- Device information. We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes information regarding your IP addresses, the device you use, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices, depending on their settings, may also transmit location information to the Services or other third parties.
- Usage information. We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account, such as sharing, editing, viewing, and moving files or folders. We use this information to improve our Services, develop new services and features, and protect MYMEDIFAM users.
- Marketing. We give users the option to use some of our Services free of charge. These free Services are made possible by the fact that some users upgrade to one of our paid Services. If you register for our free Services, we will, from time to time, send you information about upgrades when permissible. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt-out at any time. If you do not want to receive offers on additional services from us, simply click the ‘”unsubscribe” link in any email or update your preferences in your MYMEDIFAM account.
- Whom We Contact. We may sometimes contact people who do not have a MYMEDIFAM account. For recipients in the EU, we or a third party will obtain consent before contacting you. If you receive an email and no longer wish to be contacted by MYMEDIFAM, you can unsubscribe and remove yourself from our contact list via the message itself.
- Bases for processing your data. We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide you with the Services in a reliable and secure manner.
We may share your information as discussed below:
- Other users. Our Services display information like your name, profile picture, device, and email address to other users in places like your user profile and sharing notifications. When you register your MYMEDIFAM account with an email address on a domain owned by your employer or organization, we may help administrators find you and your team by making some of your basic information, including your name, team name, profile picture, and email address, which are visible to other users of the same domain. This helps you synchronize with the teams you can join and helps other users share files with you.
- Third Parties. Certain features let you make additional information available to other users within our Services and Software, and to our selected third parties. MYMEDIFAM may publish health related articles, or products, or maybe sponsored by business associates to disseminate or advertise specific health-related information; none of the aforementioned should be considered as an endorsement or referral. You need to make an informed decision after consulting with your health care provider. All sponsored information will be labelled as such. We are not providing medical advice to you with these articles, products or treatments, and you should always consult with your health care providers before relying upon any health-related information. Some articles, products or treatments may be sponsored by third-party advertisers and we do not validate any claims made by third parties.
- Law & Order and the Public Interest. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of MYMEDIFAM or our users; (d) protect MYMEDIFAM's rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Compliance disclosures. Your security and data security are critical to us. We comply with HIPAA and other regulatory protocols and laws as well as apply industry standards of security protection for our Software and our users.
- Patient Clinical Trial Opportunities. Research & Development. We may inform patients of suitable trials based on the collected information. Anonymized or pseudonymized patient data may also be used by MYMEDIFAM for research and development purposes to enable understanding human health conditions and treatments, and that involve either MYMEDIFAM alone or MYMEDIFAM along with its business associates
- Security. We have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We also continue to work on features to keep your information safe in addition to things like two-factor authentication, encryption of files at rest, and alerts when new devices and apps are linked to your account. We deploy automated technologies to detect abusive behavior and content that may harm our Services, you, or other users.
- User Controls. You can access, amend, download, and delete your personal information by logging into your MYMEDIFAM account
- Retention. When you sign up for an account with us, we will retain the information you provide and store within our Services and Software for as long as your account is in existence or as long as we need the information to provide you the Services or to be compliant with federal and international laws, such as HIPAA.
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world, including those outside of your country. Your information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services. If you are provided services as a result of a referral within the United States, those care providers are subject to HIPAA compliance and other U.S. federal, state, and local laws for the management of your personal health information. If you decide to receive services outside of the United States, foreign service providers may or may not maintain data management practices and protocols that would comply with HIPAA according to the laws of their jurisdictions. As a result, please be aware that your data protection and access may be greatly affected by the jurisdiction in which you receive care. We make a commitment internally to provide data management services to our users in compliance with the data privacy laws in the jurisdictions in which our users are located.
- Change of Control. If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you, such as via a message to the email address associated with your account, of any such deals or promotions and provide you with details regarding your choices for participation.
You have control over your personal information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have a right to:
- erase or delete all or some of Your Information in your MYMEDIFAM account.
- change or correct personal data, and you can manage your account and the content contained in it, as well as edit some of your personal data, through your MYMEDIFAM account page.
- access and take your data. You can download a copy of Your Information in a machine-readable format.
A “token” can be a data tracking or security feature where a data element or set of elements is effectively replaced ("tokenized") with a non-sensitive alternative. In our Service and Software, your user identification data is assigned a token, and then goes through a security authentication.
If you share your user identification and password with anyone else, it is not our responsibility and from the time that you share this information and have not updated your password, your account is no longer secure.
A “cookie” in the context of our Service and Software is a file designed to contain a small amount of user and interaction information stored on a user’s computer. The cookie file interacts with the user and the Service and Software to provide a tailored experience to the user through its awareness of information held within the file. Cookies also have the ability to carry all or parts of the information stored within the file to other websites or apps that the user may visit or to third parties.
- Cookies Types
A “third-party cookie” is placed by a domain other than that of the website, app, or our Software the user is visiting.
A “session cookie” is temporary, linking the actions of a user during the any given browser or software app session. When the browser or software application is closed, the cookie is deleted.
A “permanent cookie,” or a “persistent cookie,” is stored for a specific period of time, activates each time the user visits the webpage or software application, and creates new information records each time.
- Interest-based Promotions
In some cases, our Software and Service may engage in interest-based advertising to enhance your experience and display advertisements likely to be of interest to you. We and our advertising partners display these interest-based advertisements using information you provide to us when you interact with our Service and Software. Interest-based ads also sometimes referred to as “personalized or targeted ads,” are displayed to you based upon user-activity information such as making selections or choosing filters in our Software or visiting provider websites that contain our content or ads. We use different digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers.
Learn more about interest-based ads or opt-out of receiving third-party interest based ads now or in the future, by visiting: http://optout.aboutads.info or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
NOTE: If you opt out of interest-based advertising now or in the future within our Software, you still may see some advertisements within our Software and while using our Services, but they won’t be tailored to your interests.
If you reside in North America, including, without limitation, the United States, Canada, Mexico, your personal information is controlled by MYMEDIFAM, Inc., a corporation registered in the State of New Jersey in the United States. For all other users, your personal information is controlled by MYMEDIFAM, Inc., a corporation registered in the State of New Jersey in the United States.
Do you have any questions or concerns about MYMEDIFAM, Inc. , our Services, and privacy?
If we cannot answer your question regarding your data in this Agreement or when you contact us, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Our Chief Data Officer is Rachel William Anantha, whom you can reach by:
339 Sunset Road
Skillman NJ, USA
Or, Email at: